Translate

Monday, October 8, 2012

Samantha Thorning with Aspen, (Freestyle, 30 mins) Had a rough, cold backed warm up with Aspen. She just didn't want to relax for a while but finally got into the swing of things with a great F8 without my reins and was really aiming for the jumps today. Had some great ones over the water tanks! :)
Photo

Samantha Thorning with Aspen, (On Line, 30 mins) Warmed up with weave at walk and the jump obstacles we've been playing with.
Photo

Samantha Thorning with Aspen, (Freestyle, 15 mins) Had an awesome ride! She totally gets the F8 without my reins at the trot and is starting to stretch into Fluid Rein. Jumped the water tanks a few times and called it quits - so much fun!!!!!!!



Samantha Thorning with Aspen, (On Line, 30 mins) Warmed up with the weave which went much better today and then also did some practice with the jumps over a single barrel, upright barrels, and the water tanks. She is having some hot/explosive moments (hence using the 22' line today) and I am unsure why. Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on her?? Must evaluate and check my energy.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Samantha Thorning with Aspen, (Freestyle, 15 mins) Had a great F8 without reins today! It's all about ME! Who knew?? Once I really used my outside leg to help guide her shoulders over in addition to weighting my inside stirrup she got much better turns to the right. I need much less exaggerating to the left for the turn, so it might be a combination of her and I both not bending right as easily as we do left. After we had a couple good F8s I then jumped her over my water tank jump (first time!) SO COOL! Had a blast jumping her, got off and called it a day!

Samantha Thorning with Aspen, (On Line, 30 mins) Played with Aspen OL today warmed up with the weave and then introduced jumping multiple jumps and a single barrel against the fence. At one point she took off and before I could let go of my FL she gave me a pretty good learn burn - first one EVER - and it totally sucked. She galloped around like crazy for what seemed like forever, starting at the rope dragging behind and alternately looking at me. I knelt down in the sand until she came over to me all hot and snorty. Went back to the weave until she was calm and ridable.

Samantha Thorning with Aspen, (Freestyle, 30 mins) Worked on F8 with no reins, finally got myself in the right position to get a right turn from her with no reins! Yay :)

Samantha Thorning with Aspen, (On Line, 15 mins) Warmed up with weave pattern on FL.

Samantha Thorning with Aspen, (Freestyle, 15 mins) Warmed up with some FTR at any gait she wanted then went to doing F8 at the trot with NO REINS! Only had a few minor corrections for direction and a few for speed but she was awesome!

Samantha Thorning with Aspen, (On Line, 60 mins) Wanted to do two line driving from Z5 today but Aspen had other ideas. She was really targeting the jumps, even got two in a row (first time!). Then we had a strong conversation about the weave pattern - finally made some noticeable progress so we quit there.

Samantha Thorning with Aspen, (On Line, 60 mins) Played OL for the first time since getting home from Colorado! Did some weave, set up a double jump - with a gap in one side to create the pattern of hitting two obstacles in a row, and then some 2-line driving with the FLs.

No comments:

Post a Comment