Translate

Tuesday, December 13, 2011


Samantha Thorning with Aspen, (On Line, 60 mins) Had a nice time with Aspen yesterday. It was a beautiful, crisp afternoon - perfect for a play day! My friend Jamie brought both of her horses over from Idaho for a few hours so we could video her mare Rosie and send it off to the student who will be leasing her for the Fast Track. Check out my YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/samanthamt7 to see a short video of Rosie!

Before Jamie arrived I practiced some trailer loading with Aspen - she'll follow me in but doesn't want to load by herself or stay in if I walk out. No big deal right now, I'm ready to take the time it takes to help her feel safe and confident in there in her own time. Once Jamie arrived with her horses Aspen got SUPER hot - snorting, prancing (gorgeous!) - and it took her a while to settle down a bit and chill out. Once she did though she was very calm and easy to play with. She definitely needs more experiences like this to help develop her emotional fitness. We dabbled in the arena while Jamie got Rosie warmed up and played with some very nice figure-8's, circles, and extreme friendly game with the umbrella and the ball.

I've been reading Elsa Sinclair's blog and would invite you to stop over and check it out.

"The Project:
One Mustang directly off the range, One trainer, No tools, Just body language.

The Goal:
To discover how far Equestrian Art can be developed solely using body language."

http://equineclarity.wordpress.com/

She's a beautiful writer and does a magnificent job of sharing her insights with horses. I definitely feel inspired and it's given me some new ideas and perspectives of how I'd like to interact with Aspen.





Aspen ♥

Rosie

Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment